By Jonathan Cohn, Vice Chair, Ward 4 Dems
As folks may have seen last week, a federal court blocked the City Council map that was passed and signed last fall. The City Council will be debating a redraw of the Council district map over the next couple weeks. Three alternative maps have been proposed so far, and I assume others will be proposed too. I’ve provided a run-down below of the impacts on Ward 4.
The Map that the court blocked: districtr.org/plan/183742
Mayor Michelle Wu’s proposal: https://districtr.org/plan/184435
- Moves 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-5 from D2 (Flynn) to D8 (open)
- Moves 4-4 from D7 (Anderson) to D8 (open)
- Moves 4-6 from D2 (Flynn) to D7 (Anderson)
- Moves 4-7 and 4-12 from D8 (open) to D7 (Anderson)
- Moves 4-10 from D8 (open) to D6 (Lara)
Councilor Kendra Lara’s proposal: https://districtr.org/plan/184700
- Moves 4-1 from D2 (Flynn) to D3 (open)
Councilor Ruthzee Louijeune’s proposal: https://districtr.org/plan/184680
- Moves 4-5 from D2 (Flynn) to D7 (Anderson)
Stay tuned for updates.